Rite aid night time severe cold and coughhoney lemon with chamomile and white tea flavors granule, for solution
Otc - active ingredient section
Active ingredients (in each packet) Purpose
Acetaminophen 650 mg .......................................Pain reliever/Fever reducer
Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 25 mg ........Antihistamine/Cough suppressant
Phenylephrine hydrochloride 10 mg .................................Nasal decongestant
Otc - purpose section
- minor aches and pains - minor sore throat pain
- headache - nasal and sinus congestion
- runny nose - sneezing
- itchy nose and throat - itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning:this product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take - more than 6 packets in 24 hours - with other drugs containing acetaminophen - 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning:If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Otc - do not use section
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription and non prescription). Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using with other drugs if you are not sure.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on the skin
-If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains a MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Otc - ask doctor section
Ask a doctor before us if you have
- liver disease - heart disease - high blood pressure
- thyroid disease - diabetes - glaucoma
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema, asthma, or chronic bronchitis
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema.
Otc - ask doctor/pharmacist section
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Otc - when using section
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- avoid alcoholic drinks - marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children.
Otc - stop use section
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days - redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur - symptoms do not get better or worsen
- pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- cough comes back or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - pregnancy or breast feeding section
If pregnant or breast-feeding,ask a health care professional before use.
Otc - keep out of reach of children section
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Dosage & administration section
- do not use more than directed
- take every 4 hours; not to exceed 6 packets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
- children under 12 years of age: consult a doctor
- If using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water; stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
Information for patients section
- each packet contains: potassium 7 mg,
sodium 46 mg
- phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine
13 mg per packet
- store at controlled room temperature
20-25C (68-77F). Protect from
excessive heat and moisture.
Ingredients and appearance - Product information
Rite aid night time severe cold and coughhoney lemon with chamomile and white tea flavors granule, for solution- Acetaminophen, diphenhydramine hcl, and phenylephrine hcl.
|Product Type||HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||Item Code (Source)||NDC: 64525-0552|
|Route of Administration||Oral|
|Acetaminophen ( UNII: 362O9ITL9D)( Acetaminophen - UNII: 362O9ITL9D )||650 mgin 1|
|Diphenhydramine hydrochloride ( UNII: TC2D6JAD40)( Diphenhydramine - UNII: 8GTS82S83M )||25 mgin 1|
|Phenylephrine hydrochloride ( UNII: 04JA59TNSJ)( Phenylephrine - UNII: 1WS297W6MV )||10 mgin 1|
|Acesulfame||( UNII: MA3UYZ6K1H)|
|Aspartame||( UNII: Z0H242BBR1)|
|Citric acid monohydrate||( UNII: 2968PHW8QP)|
|Maltodextrin||( UNII: 7CVR7L4A2D)|
|Sodium citrate||( UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR)|
|Sucrose||( UNII: C151H8M554)|
|Flavor||LEMON (Natural Honey & Lemon Flavor)||Color||yellow (D & C Yellow 10)|
|Marketing Category||Application Number or Monograph Citation||Territorial Authority||Marketing Start Date|
|OTC monograph final||part341||USA|