Aurophen cold multi-symptom severe liquid
Active ingredients (in each15 mL)
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 200 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/ fever reducer
- for the temporary relief of the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- nasal congestion
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning:This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert:acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning:If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis,or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
do not exceed recommended dose
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning:In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- use only enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- mL = milliliter
|adults and children 12 years and over
|children under 12 years
||ask a doctor
- each 15 mL contains: sodium 5 mg
- store at 20-25C (68-77F). Do not refrigerate.
- do not use if printed shrinkband is missing or broken.
- see back label for lot number and expiration date
alcohol, anhydrous citric acid, FD&C blue no.1, flavor, glycerin, menthol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose.
Questions or comments?
2572 Brunswick Pike,
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
DO NOT USE WITH OTHER MEDICINES CONTAINING ACETAMINOPHEN
Ingredients and appearance - Product information
Aurophen cold multi-symptom severe liquid- Acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride
|Product Type||Human OTC Drug Label||Item Code (Source)||NDC: 58602-128|
|Route of Administration||Oral|
|Acetaminophen ( UNII: 362O9ITL9D)( Acetaminophen - UNII: 362O9ITL9D )||325 mgin 15 mL|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide ( UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH)( Dextromethorphan - UNII: 7355X3ROTS )||10 mgin 15 mL|
|Guaifenesin ( UNII: 495W7451VQ)( Guaifenesin - UNII: 495W7451VQ )||200 mgin 15 mL|
|Phenylephrine hydrochloride ( UNII: 04JA59TNSJ)( Phenylephrine - UNII: 1WS297W6MV )||5 mgin 15 mL|
|Alcohol||( UNII: 3K9958V90M)|
|Anhydrous citric acid||( UNII: XF417D3PSL)|
|Fd&c blue no. 1||( UNII: H3R47K3TBD)|
|Peppermint||( UNII: V95R5KMY2B)|
|Glycerin||( UNII: PDC6A3C0OX)|
|Menthol, unspecified form||( UNII: L7T10EIP3A)|
|Propylene glycol||( UNII: 6DC9Q167V3)|
|Water||( UNII: 059QF0KO0R)|
|Sodium benzoate||( UNII: OJ245FE5EU)|
|Sorbitol||( UNII: 506T60A25R)|
|Sucralose||( UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4)|
|Color||BLUE (Blue to greenish blue)||Flavor||PEPPERMINT|
|Marketing Category||Application Number or Monograph Citation||Territorial Authority||Marketing Start Date|
|OTC MONOGRAPH FINAL||part341||USA|
Labeler - Aurohealth LLC( 078728447)
|Aurohealth LLC||078728447||MANUFACTURE( 58602-128)|
Package label-principal display panel 8 fl oz (240 ml bottle)
Compare to the active ingredients in
TYLENOL ®COLD MULTI-SYMPTOM SEVERE
COLD MULTI-SYMPTOM SEVERE
Acetaminophen - Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
Phenylephrine HCl - Nasal Decongestant
Dextromethorphan HBr - Antitussive
Guaifenesin - Expectorant
- Headache, Fever, Sore Throat
- Nasal Congestion
- Clears Out Chest Mucus
8 FL OZ
Do not use if printed shrinkband is missing or broken.