Multi-symptom daytime cold capsule, liquid filled
Active ingredient (in each gelcap)
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these common cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- nasal congestion
- sore throat
- sinus congestion and pressure
- helps clear nasal passages
- promotes nasal and sinus drainage
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning:This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 12 gelcaps in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning:If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or comiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)(certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking the blood thinningdrug warfarin.
When using this product
do not exceed recommended dosage.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be sgins of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning:Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed
(see overdose warning)
- adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 gelcaps every 4 hours
- do not take more than 12 gelcaps in 23 hours
- children under 12 years: do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) and may cause liver damage
- store at25C (77F); excursions permitted between15-30C (59-86F)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, D&C red #28, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide black, iron oxide red, iron oxide yellow, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac glaze, sillica gel, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
Ingredients and appearance - Product information
Multi-symptom daytime cold capsule, liquid filled- Acetaminophen, phenylephrine hcl and dextromethorphan hbr
|Product Type||HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||Item Code (Source)||NDC: 11822-0560|
|Route of Administration||Oral|
|Acetaminophen ( UNII: 362O9ITL9D)( Acetaminophen - UNII: 362O9ITL9D )||325 mgin 1|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide ( UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH)( Dextromethorphan - UNII: 7355X3ROTS )||10 mgin 1|
|Phenylephrine hydrochloride ( UNII: 04JA59TNSJ)( Phenylephrine - UNII: 1WS297W6MV )||5 mgin 1|
|Croscarmellose sodium||( UNII: M28OL1HH48)|
|D&c red no. 28||( UNII: 767IP0Y5NH)|
|Fd&c blue no. 1||( UNII: H3R47K3TBD)|
|Fd&c red no. 40||( UNII: WZB9127XOA)|
|Hydroxypropyl cellulose (type h)||( UNII: RFW2ET671P)|
|Hypromelloses||( UNII: 3NXW29V3WO)|
|Magnesium stearate||( UNII: 70097M6I30)|
|Polyethylene glycols||( UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A)|
|Povidones||( UNII: FZ989GH94E)|
|Propylene glycol||( UNII: 6DC9Q167V3)|
|Stearic acid||( UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP)|
|Titanium dioxide||( UNII: 15FIX9V2JP)|
|Color||RED (lavender)||Imprint Code||44;560|
|Marketing Category||Application Number or Monograph Citation||Territorial Authority||Marketing Start Date|
|OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL||part343||USA|
Labeler - Rite Aid( 014578892)
|Rite Aid||014578892||PACK( 11822-0560)|
Principal display panel
Compare to the active ingredients of Tylenol® Cold Multi-Symptom Daytime*
daytime cold relief
dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg, phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
pain reliever/fever reducer, cough suppressant
& nasal decongestant
fever, headache and sore throat
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark Tylenol® Cold Multi-Symptom Daytime.
Rite Aid Corporation
30 Hunter Lane, Camp Hill, PA 17011