Curad oral saline laxative liquid
Active ingredient (in each tablespoon)
Dibasic sodium phosphate 2.7 g
Monobasic sodium phosphate 7.2 g
- for relief of occasional constipation
Taking more than the recommended dose in 24 hours can be harmful.
Do not use
- if you have a previous kidney problem, congestive heart failure, impaired renal functions, decreased intervascular volume, dehydration, uncorrected electrolyte abnormalities
- in children under 5 years of age
- for bowel cleansing
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- kidney disease
- heart problems
- a sudden change in bowel habits lasting more than 2 weeks
- already used a laxative for more than a week
- a dehydration condition
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- on a sodium restricted diet
- under a doctors care for any medical condition
- taking any other prescription or non-prescription medications. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
Stop use and ask a doctor if you
- have any rectal bleeding
- do not have a bowel movement within 6 hours
- have any symptoms that your body is losing more fluid than you are drinking
- have early symptoms of dehydration including feeling thirsty, dizziness, urinating less often than normal, vomiting.
These symptoms may indicate a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- use as a laxative for relief of occasional constipation
- dilute dose in the table belowwith one glass (8 fl. oz.) cool water. Drink, then follow with at least one additional glass (8 fl. oz.) cool water. There is significant loss of liquid when using this product.To prevent dehydration drink plenty of clear liquid after use.
- Do not use for bowel cleansing.
- Do not take more unless directed by a doctor. See Warning. There are three Teaspoons in one Tablespoon.
Ages (Years) Dosage Maximum Dose 12 & Older 3 Teaspoons 6 or 9 Teaspoons* 10 & 11 3 Teaspoons* 3 Teaspoons* 5 to 9 1 1/2 Teaspoons* 1 1/2 Teaspoons* under 5 Do Not Use Do Not Use
*SINGLE DAILY DOSAGE. DO NOT TAKE MORE OF THIS PRODUCT IN A 24-HOUR PERIOD
- Each Teaspoon contains:sodium 556 mg
- Saline laxatives increase retention of water in the intestine, promoting bowel movements.
- this product generally produces a bowel movement in 30 minutes to 6 hours
- this product is sugar free
- do not freeze
- store at room temperature
TAMPER EVIDENT: Mouth of bottle sealed for your safety. If foil seal is missing or broken, do not use.
Cherry flavor, glycerin, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate
Ingredients and appearance - Product information
Curad oral saline laxative liquid- Dibasic sodium phosphate, monobasic sodium phosphate
|Product Type||HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||Item Code (Source)||NDC: 53329-110|
|Route of Administration||Oral|
|Sodium phosphate, dibasic ( UNII: GR686LBA74)( Phosphate ion - UNII: NK08V8K8HR )||2.9 gin 15 mL|
|Sodium phosphate, monobasic ( UNII: 3980JIH2SW)( Phosphate ion - UNII: NK08V8K8HR )||7.2 gin 15 mL|
|Glycerin||( UNII: PDC6A3C0OX)|
|Water||( UNII: 059QF0KO0R)|
|Saccharin sodium||( UNII: SB8ZUX40TY)|
|Sodium benzoate||( UNII: OJ245FE5EU)|
|Marketing Category||Application Number or Monograph Citation||Territorial Authority||Marketing Start Date|
|OTC monograph not final||part334||USA|
Labeler - Medline Industries, Inc.( 025460908)
Package/label principal display panel
For relief of occasional constipation
Single dose container
1.5 fl oz (45 mL)