Loperamide hcl anti-diarrheal capsule, liquid filled
Active ingredient (in each capsule)
Loperamide HCI 2 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea
Allergy alert:Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
Heart alert:Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death
Do not use
- if you have bloody or black stool
- in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
When using this product
tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging.
These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- not for use in children under 12 years of age
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 softgels after the first loose stool; 1 softgel after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 softgels in 24 hours
- store at 20-25C (68-77F). Protect from light.
- avoid excessive heat above 40C (104F).
- do not use if carton or blister unit is open or torn
- see side panel for lot number and expiration date
butylated hydroxyanisole, edible ink, FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, glyceryl caprylate, polyoxyl 40 hydrogenated castor oil,purified water.
Questions or comments?
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Ingredients and appearance - Product information
Loperamide hcl anti-diarrheal capsule, liquid filled- Loperamide hydrochloride
|Product Type||HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||Item Code (Source)||NDC: 59726-520|
|Route of Administration||Oral|
|Loperamide hydrochloride ( UNII: 77TI35393C)( Loperamide - UNII: 6X9OC3H4II )||2 mgin 1|
|Butylated hydroxyanisole||( UNII: REK4960K2U)|
|Fd&c blue no. 1||( UNII: H3R47K3TBD)|
|Gelatin||( UNII: 2G86QN327L)|
|Glycerin||( UNII: PDC6A3C0OX)|
|Glyceryl monocaprylate||( UNII: TM2TZD4G4A)|
|Polyoxyl 40 hydrogenated castor oil||( UNII: 7YC686GQ8F)|
|Water||( UNII: 059QF0KO0R)|
|Marketing Category||Application Number or Monograph Citation||Territorial Authority||Marketing Start Date|
Labeler - P & L Development, LLC( 800014821)
Principal display panel
Compare to the active ingredient in Imodium® A-D*
soft gelatin capsules 2 mg
- Controls the symptoms of diarrhea
- Suitable for adults and children 12 years and over
(**each liquid-filled capsule contains 2 mg loperamide HCl)
This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals, distributor of Imodium® A-D.
200 Hicks Street, Westbury, NY 11590
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOTUSE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAPS IS BROKEN OR MISSING
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.