Daytime severe cold and cough syrup
(in each 30 mL (2 TBSP))
Acetaminophen, USP 650 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 20 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 10 mg
Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
- minor aches and pains
- minor sore throat pain
- nasal and sinus congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning:This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
- Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning:if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- in a child under 12 years of age
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinsons disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,ask a health professional before use.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) immediately. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed
- measure the dose correctly using the enclosed dosing cup
- take every 4 hours in dosing cup provided, while symptoms persist
- do not take more than 5 doses (150 mL) (10 TBSP) in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- TBSP = Tablespoon, mL = milliliter
|adults and children 12 years of age and over
||30 mL (2 TBSP)
|children under 12 years of age
||do not use
Attention:use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- each 30 mL contains:sodium 17 mg
- store at 20-25 oC (68-77 oF)
- TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if printed seal over cap is broken or missing
acesulfame potassium, alcohol, anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C Blue no.1, FD&C Red #40, flavors, glycerin, maltitol solution, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate
Questions or comments?
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., owner of the registered trademark Theraflu ®ExpressMax™ Daytime Severe Cold & Cough.
Learn about teen medicine abuse
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SEAL OVER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
IRVING, TX 75063
Ingredients and appearance - Product information
Daytime severe cold and cough syrup- Acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr and phenylephrine hcl
|Product Type||Human OTC Drug Label||Item Code (Source)||NDC: 10202-945|
|Route of Administration||Oral|
|Acetaminophen ( UNII: 362O9ITL9D)( Acetaminophen - UNII: 362O9ITL9D )||650 mgin 30 mL|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide ( UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH)( Dextromethorphan - UNII: 7355X3ROTS )||20 mgin 30 mL|
|Phenylephrine hydrochloride ( UNII: 04JA59TNSJ)( Phenylephrine - UNII: 1WS297W6MV )||10 mgin 30 mL|
|Acesulfame potassium||( UNII: 23OV73Q5G9)|
|Alcohol||( UNII: 3K9958V90M)|
|Anhydrous citric acid||( UNII: XF417D3PSL)|
|Edetate disodium||( UNII: 7FLD91C86K)|
|Fd&c blue no. 1||( UNII: H3R47K3TBD)|
|Fd&c red no. 40||( UNII: WZB9127XOA)|
|Pineapple||( UNII: 2A88ZO081O)|
|Glycerin||( UNII: PDC6A3C0OX)|
|Maltitol||( UNII: D65DG142WK)|
|Propylene glycol||( UNII: 6DC9Q167V3)|
|Water||( UNII: 059QF0KO0R)|
|Sodium benzoate||( UNII: OJ245FE5EU)|
|Sodium citrate, unspecified form||( UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR)|
|Color||RED (Dark Red with Brown hue)||Flavor||PINEAPPLE|
|#||Item Code||Package Description||Marketing Start Date|
|1||NDC: 10202-945-33||245.5mL in 1 BOTTLE||2017/11/30|
|Marketing Category||Application Number or Monograph Citation||Territorial Authority||Marketing Start Date|
|OTC MONOGRAPH FINAL||part341||USA||2017/11/30|
Labeler - 7-Eleven( 007347602)
Package label-principal display panel - 8.3 fl oz (245.5 ml bottle)
24/7 life By
Maximum Strength per 4 hour dose.
Severe Cold & Cough
Each dose (per 30 mL) of Syrup contains:
650 mg - ACETAMINOPHEN, USP
(Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer)
20 mg - DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr, USP
10 mg - PHENYLEPHRINE HCl, USP
Sore throat pain
Compare to Theraflu® ExpressMax™
Daytime Severe Cold & Cough
8.3FL OZ (245.5 mL)
Alcohol Content: 10%