Kaiser permanente benzoyl peroxide gel
Benzoyl peroxide 10%
for the treatment of acne
For external use only
Do not use
- have very sensitive skin
- are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
When using this product
- skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips, and mouth
- avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- irritation becomes severe
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- Sensitivity Test for a New User. Apply product sparingly to one or two small affected areas during the first 3 days. If no discomfort occurs, follow the directions stated below.
- clean the skin thoroughly before applying this product
- cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily
- because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- if going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.
store at 20-25C (68-77F)
carbomer homopolymer, dimethicone, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, edetate disodium, glycerin, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, purified water, silicon dioxide, sodium hydroxide
Questions or comments?
Ingredients and appearance - Product information
Kaiser permanente benzoyl peroxide gel- Benzoyl peroxide
|Product Type||HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||Item Code (Source)||NDC: 0179-8703|
|Route of Administration||Topical|
|Benzoyl peroxide ( UNII: W9WZN9A0GM)( Benzoyl peroxide - UNII: W9WZN9A0GM )||10 gin 100 g|
|Dimethicone||( UNII: 92RU3N3Y1O)|
|Disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate||( UNII: P160Q81342)|
|Edetate disodium||( UNII: 7FLD91C86K)|
|Glycerin||( UNII: PDC6A3C0OX)|
|Methylparaben||( UNII: A2I8C7HI9T)|
|Poloxamer 182||( UNII: JX0HIX6OAG)|
|Water||( UNII: 059QF0KO0R)|
|Silicon dioxide||( UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4)|
|Sodium hydroxide||( UNII: 55X04QC32I)|
|Marketing Category||Application Number or Monograph Citation||Territorial Authority||Marketing Start Date|
|OTC monograph final||part333D||USA|
Labeler - Kaiser Foundation Hospitals( 053052619)
Package/label principal display panel
Benzoyl Peroxide 10%
Aqueous base, acne treatment gel
NET WT 2 OZ (56.7 g)