Antiseptic skin cleanser liquid
Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% Solution
- healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- skin wound and general skin cleansing
For external use only
Allergy alert:This product may cause severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:
- wheezing/difficulty breathing
- facial swelling
If an allergc reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
- if you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
- in contact with meninges
- in the genital area
Keep out of reach of children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
When using this product
- keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardurms.
- if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water
- wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated
- repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a health care provider
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
Healthcare personnel handwash:
- wet hands with water
- dispense about 5ml of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for about 15 seconds
- rinse and dry thoroughly
Skin wound and normal skin cleansing:
- thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with water
- apply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently
- rinse again thoroughly
- store at 20-25C (68-77F)
- avoid excessive heat above 40C (104F)
cocamide DEA, fragrance, glucono-delta-lactone, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, PEG-75 lanolin, purified water, tridecyl alcohol.
Questions or comments?
call 1-800-587-3721Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM CST.
Ingredients and appearance - Product information
Antiseptic skin cleanser liquid- Chlorhexidine gluconate 4%
|Product Type||HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL||Item Code (Source)||NDC: 11822-3678|
|Route of Administration||Topical|
|Chlorhexidine gluconate ( UNII: MOR84MUD8E)( Chlorhexidine - UNII: R4KO0DY52L )||4 mgin 100 mL|
|Gluconolactone||( UNII: WQ29KQ9POT)|
|Lauramine oxide||( UNII: 4F6FC4MI8W)|
|Coco diethanolamide||( UNII: 92005F972D)|
|Peg-75 lanolin||( UNII: 09179OX7TB)|
|Hydroxyethyl cellulose (2000 cps at 1%)||( UNII: S38J6RZN16)|
|Isopropyl alcohol||( UNII: ND2M416302)|
|Water||( UNII: 059QF0KO0R)|
|Tridecyl alcohol||( UNII: 8I9428H868)|
|#||Item Code||Package Description||Marketing Start Date|
|1||NDC: 11822-3678-8||237mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC||2013/01/01|
|2||NDC: 11822-3678-7||473mL in 1 BOTTLE||2019/01/01|
|Marketing Category||Application Number or Monograph Citation||Territorial Authority||Marketing Start Date|
Labeler - Rite Aid Corporation( 014578892)
|Rite Aid Corporation||014578892||manufacture( 11822-3678)|
Package label and principal display panel
Compare to the active ingredient in Hibiclens
for external use only
RITE AID PHARMACY
DO NOT USE IF
SHRINK SEAL NECKBAND
IS BROKEN OR MISSING
8 FL OZ (237mL)